Swimming pool CSKA
The legendary CSKA swimming pool on Leningradsky Prospekt was built in 1954 with the direct support of Vasily Stalin. It was the first Olympic-standard swimming pool in the capital – 50 meters and was designed for two thousand spectators.
In 2013, on the eve of the 90th anniversary of the Army Club, the pool was overhauled.
The swimming pool has a large bathtub measuring 50×20 meters, up to 5 meters deep, 8 lanes, equipped with towers (5, 7 and 10 meters) and springboards (1 and 3 meters) for diving. And also a small bath (“paddling pool”) measuring 17 meters, designed to teach and practice swimming techniques for children from six years old.
Two galleries are equipped with a professional line of simulators. There is a mirrored training room, a shared sauna, a horizontal solarium, and a massage room. The group gym is equipped with sound reproducing equipment and various sports equipment.
The gym for divers is equipped with modern trampolines, trampolines, an acrobatic track, a pit with foam filling, lounges for practicing acrobatic exercises and jumping elements.
The permeability of the CSKA pool is over 1000 people daily. All indicators of the pool microclimate, routine water inspection and the quality of disinfection are monitored by specialists from the Center for Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.
On the basis of the CSKA swimming pool, members of the country’s national swimming and diving teams, as well as students of CSKA sports schools, train.